Thai Fish Curry with Barramundi
Instead of ordering takeout, create your own Thai yellow curry at home. Simply cooks pieces of barramundi in a sauce of curry paste and coconut milk with potatoes and carrots. Served over steamed rice, this dish is a delicious way to enjoy barramundi with a Thai flair.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 jar (4 ounce) yellow curry paste
• 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
• 1 medium sweet onion, diced small
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 3 medium cleaned potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• 1 can (425g) unsweetened coconut milk
• 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 2 Barramundi fillets (about 8 ounces total), skinned removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
• Chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
Add potatoes, coconut milk, and chicken broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes until potatoes are almost tender when pierced with a fork. Add in fish and cook an additional 5 minutes until cooked through and potatoes are tender, but not mushy.
Divide curry among bowls and top with parsley.